Article featured in the Residential Specialist Magazine
Won’t you be my neighbor?
Imagine a grown-up version of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, and that’s what Roger Morris, CRS, REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Bain in Seattle, has done. “I wanted to do more than post property videos, which is what a lot of agents do,” Morris explains. “So I had this idea for On the Road with Roger. I’m in my car with a videographer, driving through different Seattle neighborhoods, and I talk about what makes the neighborhood unique.” The key, Morris emphasizes, is that “the neighborhood has star billing and I’m on camera a limited amount.”
- Each video follows a four-part template and a two-minute limit.
- Morris identifies himself and where he works.
- The featured neighborhood is geographically identified.
- Brief vignettes zoom in on unique neighborhood attributes.
- Not everything is filmed from the car. “For a portion of each video, I try to be out of the car, showing unique features of that neighborhood. I usually start and end the video from inside the car, and in between I am showing the lake, park or neighborhood feature, being part on-camera, part off-camera,” Morris says.